Soft Touch Arts is looking for a freelance bookkeeper as our current bookkeeper is retiring. This will coincide with a move from using Sage to Quickbooks.
Timeframe:Freelance contract dependent on satisfactory 3-month probationary period starting beginning October 2018
Fee:4-5 hours a week at £18 an hour
Working pattern: flexible over Monday-Wednesday to tie in with part-time finance manager working days.
Location:Soft Touch Arts, 50 New Walk, Leicester LE1 6TF
Soft Touch Arts is looking for an experienced and self-motivated general bookkeeper to undertake day-to-day book-keeping for a busy participatory arts charity. At any one time there are a number of different projects running with varied income streams. Our turnover is around £500,000.
General bookkeeping duties including:
- Updating purchase and sales ledger on Quickbooks
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Filing and general administration of received donations
- Reconciliation of café income
- Reconciliation of credit card expenditure
- Raising and chasing invoices and entering onto system
- Assisting the finance manager to prepare for audit and production of management accounts
- Experience of general bookkeeping, preferably charity bookkeeping
- Experience of using accounting software, preferably Quickbooks
- Strong system, process and procedural skills
- Self-motivated and also able to work as part of a team with minimum one to one supervision
- Good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
How to apply
Please send a letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) and your CV to
email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 27thSeptember 2018, interviews Wednesday 3rdOctober 2018.
In your letter please outline how you feel you have the experience to carry out the role and meet the person specification, including telling us about an organisation where you have had a similar role.