Time to Shine Youth Ambassador Development Co-ordinator
Soft Touch Arts September 2021
Role Overview & Job Description for Time to Shine Youth Ambassador Development Co-ordinator
This year-long leadership development role is an excellent opportunity to support Soft Touch Arts to set up a youth ambassador group which will help make a step change in the charity’s objective of involving young people in shaping the services that they need and want. The young leader will need to have an interest in working with other young people to understand their needs and how the work of Soft Touch Arts can help them to progress with their lives in a positive way. We need an enthusiastic and confident young person with good organisation and communication skills and some experience of working with young people, and a willingness to undertake further training as required. This would also suit someone who is interested in developing communications, event organisation and report writing and presentation skills.
Soft Touch Arts uses, arts media and music activities to create opportunity for and change the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged young people in Leicestershire. You will be working with the project delivery team and two other young people who are on work experience placements funded through the Rank Foundation. You will be supporting the involvement of young people in shaping our future programmes by helping to set up a youth ambassador group, by organising a two-week consultation with young people that use our services and sharing the results of the consultation in a creative way.
Job Tasks and responsibilities
- Work with our staff team and young interns to develop creative ways to consult and engage with participants in our projects.
- Support the development and recruitment of a youth ambassador group with young people currently using our services.
- Run sessions with the youth ambassador group to work towards organising a two-week creative consultation event/events which will get the opinions and feedback of young people attending our building-based and outreach projects
- Find creative ways to record young people’s opinions on our services and present the findings.
- Assist with evaluation and collecting images and video footage for case studies from our projects and help to communicate these through our social media channels.
- Attend training courses, supervision sessions, company development days and attend the Rank Foundation Time to Shine development days with your Time to Shine manager.
Management and Supervision
Your manager will be Kelly Grace, projects and young people’s development manager, and you will have monthly supervision meetings. A work plan will be set at the beginning of the internship and reviewed at supervision meetings. You will be issued with a contract of employment which will set out working hours, pay, holiday and other conditions of employment.
The hours of work will be 37.5 per week and some weekend and evening working may be expected for which TOIL (time off in lieu) can be taken. We will undertake a DBS check in line with our DBS policy.
The Information pack on how to apply can be found here
For an informal chat contact Kelly Grace: firstname.lastname@example.org 0116 255 2592.
Soft Touch aims to be an equal opportunities employer. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector such as disabled people and individuals from Black and Minority Ethnic communities. Soft Touch operates equality and diversity, recruitment and selection, employment of ex-offender and safe recruitment policies https://www.soft-touch.org.uk/about-us/policies/