The main aims of the project are to engage with young people through The Arts and increase their employability through personal development and creative skills. Running through the core of the project will be creativity.
- Each session will focus on a creative skill whilst including personal development.
- Personal development aims will be incorporated within the creative sessions and evaluated throughout the programme.
- Personal Development Aims will be based around four key areas: Interpersonal Skills, Self Esteem, In the Now, Responding to Others.
Throughout the What IF? project young people will learn interpersonal skills, employer expectations, interview techniques, managing emotions and behaviours for the workplace and confidence building skills. During practical sessions they will experience creative workshops such as graffiti art and music whilst working on skills to help them in the next stage of their life, whether that’s finding a job, going to college or getting an apprenticeship.
Examples of what young people can achieve by the end of the project include:
- How to produce a track or record a song
- Creating a piece of art such as animation, sculpture or graffiti
- Performing or exhibiting art work at an event
- Helping to plan and organise an event
- Increase their employability skills
Young people will attend 12 sessions (and additional check in/support sessions) at Soft Touch Arts (50 New Walk, Leicester). The What IF? Project runs every Monday from 1.30pm – 3.30pm from the 19th April 2021 (they can start at any time throughout the year) and is free of charge. Help with travel costs are available.
Please contact me for more information and enrolment on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 2552592
More information can be found on our website at www.soft-touch.org.uk