There’s no such thing as a typical week at Soft Touch Arts but if you were to look across our online calendar you might see
• outreach sessions at the local Hospital School,
• an employment advice session,
• a girls only music studio session,
• a cooking project with young people referred to us with special educational needs
• a music studio session with young people referred to us by the probation service
• a baking session designed to support young people with mental health needs
• our lunchtime creative café which is run by young people
• a community outreach project in New Parks
• a creative enterprise market from our exhibition space and forecourt where our young people sell their work
• our hugely popular open music session on Friday evenings
• our TV based prison outreach project
• an open outreach session ran from a stall at a county town weekend community festival
It is never dull, always busy.
Our work takes us to very different places and our young people work across so many different mediums and so many different artforms.
However, our work is aligned to a very carefully thought through delivery model which we have fine-tuned with the experience we have acquired since the mid 1980s.
We know how inspiring and how enjoyable our projects can be but we can also demonstrate what impact our work has.